Update: 14 January - Letter to Parents
Welcome back to the 2022 School Year
We hope that the Christmas vacation period has been a blessing for every family and a time to rest and celebrate well.
As you would already be aware, the Queensland Government has announced changes to the start of the 2022 school year. We are currently navigating through the information provided and will keep you informed as we know more.
We have already been informed from the Government that the School Year for Qld Students (Prep to Year 10) is to commence on Monday 7 February. Year 11 and 12 Students will start remote learning from Monday 31 January to Friday 4 February, 2022. The School will provide supervision for vulnerable students and the students of essential workers from Monday 24 January 2022.This supervision might look a bit like the activities we provided for students in the last week of term last year. We will send out a Google Doc that will ask parents who will require this service
It would appear that once school recommences on February 7, students and staff will be required to wear a mask in class and when not able to socially distance. This will be a challenge but one with which we are all familiar these days.
Unless anything changes, face to face classes will commence on Monday February 7 for all. We will come up with a plan for a revised orientation program for our Year 7s and other new students on that day. All year levels will be welcomed back at Shalom on February 7.
The Uniform Shop will be open as advertised but please, wherever possible, make an appointment. Similarly, please continue to find a time to collect textbooks before classes commence. We will advise when laptops are able to be collected.
As details are ever changing we are currently working with Catholic Education to plan the best way forward and will keep you informed of the most updated details as these come to hand.
Please keep an eye out for another email from the school later in the week.
The 2022 Calendar will be handed out to the youngest sibling from each family on the first week of school.
Term 1 Commences
- Monday 7 February - Year 7 & 12 Only (students to wear Mask and Sports Uniform) *Please see more information below
- Monday 7 February - New Students Year 8 to 11 and all returning students Year 8 to 11 (students to wear Mask and Formal Uniform) *Please see more information below
- *Please note new Year 11 and 12 students will be contacted prior to 31 January regarding remote learning information
Monday 7 February - Year 7 & 12 Only
- What to Wear - Mask and Sports Uniform
- What to Bring - Sports Bag, Sports Hat, Water Bottle, Notepad and Pen, Lunch and/or money for Tuckshop
- Arrive by 8.30 am
- Gather in the Sports Centre
- House flags will be set up so please congregate near your house flag
Monday 7 February - New Students (Year 8-10)
- What to Wear - Mask and Formal Uniform (Boys are not required to wear a tie in Terms 1 and 4)
- Year 8 and 9 students will be issued with their Laptops. Year 10 students who have elected to partake in our Laptop Leasing Program will be issued with their laptop. Year 10 students who have chosen BYO device, please bring your devices on this day.
- Report to Loyola Centre by 8.15 am.
Monday 7 February - Returning Students (Year 8-11)
All year levels attend
- What to wear - Mask and Formal Uniform (Boys are not required to wear a tie in Terms 1 and 4)
- On first bell, students are to move to their respective House blocks to put their College bags outside their PC rooms and wait for further instructions
Parent Lounge Login
Click HERE > Parent Lounge Login
New Parents for 2022 will receive their login details from Shalom IT in the new year.
Student - Term 1 Timetables
- Year 8 to 12 students can check Student Cafe before Term 1 commences to access their class timetable.
- If you have not been contacted by the College regarding a timetable conflict, then students (Year 9 to 12) will be given the elective they have selected.
- Year 7 students and New Students will receive their class timetable information on their first week of Term 1.
Please note the dates and times for collection of textbooks for 2022. These textbooks may be collected from Book Hire in the Goondeel Library during these periods. Years 7, 8 and 12 (for 2022) do not need to collect resources prior to school commencing. However, if you have a sibling going into 9, 10 or 11, the couple of resources required for 7 and 8 can be collected at the same time.
Text Book Collection Dates and Times:
- Monday 6 December – Friday 10 December 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Monday 13 December 2021 – Friday 7 January 2022 CLOSED
- Monday 10 January 2022 – Thursday 20 January 2022 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 26 January CLOSED
The uniform shop will be open on the following dates, appointments are required via the below link
Make a Uniform Shop appointment HERE
- Monday 29 November – Friday 3 December APPOINTMENT ONLY 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (INTERMITTENTLY CLOSED for Staff Activities)(CLOSED 12.00 pm - 1.00 pm)
- Monday 6 December – Tuesday 7 December APPOINTMENT ONLY 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (CLOSED 12.00 pm – 1.00 pm)
- Wednesday 8 December APPOINTMENT ONLY 8.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Friday 10 December 2021 – Sunday 9 January 2022 CLOSED
- Monday 10 January – Friday 21 January 2022 APPOINTMENT ONLY 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (CLOSED 12.00 pm – 1.00 pm)
- Monday 24 January & Tuesday 25 January *Usual Term-Time Hours resume Monday - Thursday 8.00 am to 12.00 pm
- CLOSED Wednesday 26 January
Please note we are currently waiting on our new sports shirts for Year 7 and other students going into the new houses (Damien & McCormack) to arrive. We will notify you when they are ready to be collected.
Reminder: New Boys Formal Socks (grey with Shalom embroidered) are compulsory. These socks are available from the Uniform Shop.
Online Uniform Shop
Main Reception and Finance Office Opening Times
Term 4, 2021
- Monday 29 November – Thursday 2 December: 8.00 am – 4.30 pm
- Friday 3 December: 8.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Monday 6 December - Friday 10 December: 8.00 am - 4.00 pm
***CLOSED FOR 4 WEEKS OVER CHRISTMAS BREAK***
Term 1, 2022
- Monday 10 January – Friday 14 January: 8.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Monday 17 January – Friday 21 January: 8.00 am – 4.00 pm
IT Department (Monday - Friday) for Holiday Period Opening Hours
- Open Monday 6 December – Thursday 23 December: 8.00 am – 3.00 pm
- Friday 24 December to Friday 31 December - CLOSED
- Re-Open Monday 3 January 2021: 8.00 am - 3.00 pm (Monday – Friday)
Direct Line – (07) 4155 8131
*Scheduled IT outages will take place over the holiday period - these dates are TBA and will be communicated via e-mail to staff and students.
Car Parking and Bus Services
Car Parking and Bus Services
Back to latest news