The Learning Enhancement Unit (LEU) takes a holistic approach to support the learning, social and emotional wellbeing of students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
By providing a positive and inclusive educational setting, the Learning Enhancement Unit encourages students to challenge themselves and to take ownership of their learning experiences.
The learning support team also provides the following programs:
• Personalised Learning Plans (PLP) and in class support for students with verified disabilities or learning / social emotional difficulties
• Literacy Interaction Numeracy Knowledge Skills (LINKS) – the LINKS program gives students tasks designed to build success, confidence and self-esteem in their subjects as well as study skills
• Learning Support Teachers support identified students in classes
• Study – the Learning Enhancement Unit provides a supported, quiet study space for Senior students with learning difficulties and special needs
• Supports students with approved Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments (AARA)
• Homework Club – available after school to assist students with homework, assignments and study plans
• Exam support – teacher assistant support for students with disabilities or those with learning difficulties
• Year 9 Foundations class – Modified or adjusted Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities curriculum for students with learning difficulties and / or disabilities
• Intervention sessions – students with assessed literacy or speech difficulties have access to our visiting Speech Pathologist